* When I first applied for a Schengen visa, my bank account balance was not impressive at all. I could pay for my trip — I travel frugally, for the most part — but I figured the people at the French embassy would be happier if my father were to guarantee to shoulder part of […]
* A cover letter is one of the requirements when applying for a Schengen visa at the French embassy. In the letter, you’re supposed to explain the purpose of your trip and your proposed day-to-day itinerary. If you’re applying for a visa and you need some ideas for what to say in the letter, how long the letter […]
* Because I had a semi-traumatic experience at the US embassy, and quite a few there-but-for-the-grace-of-God-go-I moments at the French embassy, I always think of applying for a visa as just slightly more enjoyable than going to the dentist. My UK visa experience a few days ago wasn’t so bad though. I won’t know if they’ve approved my application […]
* Filipinos planning to travel to Norway, Estonia, Finland, Iceland and Sweden can apply for a Schengen visa at the Norway Visa Application Center in Cebu starting May 7, 2015. Quick facts and links: Address: Norway Visa Application Centre – Cebu Unit 503, 5th Floor, Keppel Center, Samar Loop cor. Cardinal Rosales Ave. Cebu Business Park, […]
It was 2009, only a day after Tropical Storm Ondoy (international name Ketsana) wreaked watery havoc on the Philippine capital of Manila, causing landslides and floods of up to 20 feet (20 feet!) in some rural areas, and where was I? In Manila, naturally, walking up muddy pedestrian bridges, sidestepping enormous puddles, and waiting hours […]
Filipinos don’t need a visa to go to Israel! Here are the 4 documents you need to go on a pilgrimage or tour.
* According to the Embassy of Israel in Manila, Filipinos don’t need to obtain a tourist visa before departing for Israel. Instead, visitors will be interviewed at the port of entry. These are the documents you will need to present: Confirmed round trip ticket with onward flight Philippine passports – must be valid for more […]