The spot of bad weather that followed us around Taipei turned out to be more boon than bane when we went out to the northeast coast. The rain was already starting to fall when the guide and driver from Edison Tours picked us up from our hostel and it only grew stronger as we left Taipei City. That turned out to be a blessing, however, because the sea was even more beautiful in a state of unrest.
Wave and weather worked hand in hand to sculpt the stony Nanya coast. The result: odd shapes resembling random objects like taro roots. The layers of iron contained within the rocks became oxidized and transformed into these striking stripes.
Our visit to the coast was part of Edison Tours’ Chiufen Village & Northeast Coast Tour, which includes stops at Jiufen Village, the Bay of Two Colors, Bitou Cape, and the Nanya Rock Formations.
- Contact person: Paul Hsieh, Deputy General Manager, Edison Travel Service Co.
- Tel: +886-2-2563-5313 or +886-2-2563-4621 ext 102
- Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Taipei for First-Time Visitors: A Fun- and Food-Filled Long Weekend Itinerary
- Taipei for Budget Travelers: A Long Weekend Trip for Only ₱10,000
- 15 Best Cheap Hostels in Taipei
- Taipei Long Weekend Budget
Tours from Taipei: The Nanya Rock Formations and Taiwan’s Northeast Coast