Over 3 years ago, my sister and I found ourselves in Europe for the very first time. This was our itinerary.
Looking back on it now, I don’t think I would change anything! We did spend too little time in Nice — just enough to catch the breathtaking view (no, really: it made me literally hold my breath for a few seconds) from the Promenade des Anglais and take a quick walk through the Cours Saleya flower and fruit market. In fact, I would stay longer in all of these places given half a chance.
My favorite moments from our trip:
- My first sight of the Eiffel Tower and walking along the River Seine in Paris
- Seeing the Colosseum in Rome
- Just walking around Venice (or seeing it from the sea, in the comfort of a vaporetto seat, when our feet started to complain)
- Taking the ferry from Marseille to the Frioul islands
- Meeting different people with different lives — Sophie, the wine buyer; Gentiane, the French doctor; the old man on the train who couldn’t speak English but managed to convey acceptance and friendship
A friend asked me for details of my two previous trips to Europe, so I’ll be writing about that for a while. Please feel free to chime in with reviews, tips, or anything else you can think of that would be good for a traveler to know. I hope all of you reading this are having a good day! 🙂
10 days in Europe: A sample itinerary for France and Italy
Created by LSS for travel site Small-Town Girls, Midnight Trains. All rights reserved.