Get A Multiple-Entry Visa to Korea Without Submitting Financial Documents

Are you a BPI or BDO cardholder? A promo — extended by the Korean embassy to December 31, 2019 — makes it easier for you to get a multiple-entry Korean visa without submitting an ITR or bank certificate.

SGMT Watermark Logo_Hibiscus_Colored_BlackSGMT
The Embassy of the Republic of Korea continues its visa promo for the following cardholders:

  • BDO Gold
  • BDO Elite
  • BPI Gold Master Card
  • BPI SkyMiles Platinum Master Card
  • BPI Amore Visa Platinum
  • BPI Gold Express Teller Debit Card

Under the promo, visa applicants who have any of the cards listed above will not have to submit a bank certificate and income tax return (ITR). They will also be eligible for a multiple-entry visa to Korea valid for at least 3 years (although the embassy reserves the right to grant only a single entry visa upon the decision of the consul-in-charge).

Note: Employment certificate / business permit and documents other than Bank Certificate and ITR — including bank statement — are still required.

Hi Korea Guesthouse Busan


Korean Visa Requirements

Ordinarily, these are the documents that are required when applying for a Korean visa:

Requirements Employees Businessmen Students Retired Senior Citizens** Housewives / Househusbands
> Application Form
> 1 pc passport size colored picture
> Original passport
> Photocopy of passport bio page
> OECD country visas & stamps*
> Certificate of Employment Of parents
(if employed)
Of husband/wife
(if employed)
> Bank Certificate Of parents Personal or husband’s/wife’s
> Bank Statement Of parents Personal or husband’s/wife’s
> ITR or Form 2316 Of parents Of husband/wife
> PRC/IBP card*
> Photocopy of Business Registration from SEC or DTI Of parents
(if self-employed)
Of husband/wife
(if self-employed)
> Photocopy of Business Permit or Mayor’s Permit Of parents
(if self-employed)
Of husband/wife
(if self-employed)
> School Certificate (Original)
> Copy of School ID
> Copy of Birth Certificate
> NSO Marriage Certificate Of parents
> Copy of Senior Citizen’s ID

*Only if applicable
**For senior citizens: If bank documents are under the name of another family member, proof of relationship (e.g., copy of Marriage Contract for spouse, Birth Certificate for child, etc.) must be submitted.

For all applicant types

  • Passport should be valid for more than 6 months.
  • OECD country visas & stamps — refers to the original and photocopy of valid visa(s) and arrival stamp(s) to OECD member countries for the past 5 years. OECD member countries include Australia, Canada, Japan, the Schengen member countries, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America. A complete list of OECD member countries can be found here.
  • Certificates of Employment must be original and should include applicant’s position, date hired, compensation, office address, HR landline number (cellphone number not allowed), and the HR e-mail address.
  • Bank certificates must be original and should include account type, current balance, account opening date, and average daily balance (ADB).
  • Bank statement — original or certified true copy of bank statements/passbook for the last 3 months.

For applicants invited by a Korean citizen/company

  • If personally invited by a Korean:
    • Invitation Letter
    • Photocopy of invitor’s Passport or Identification Card (authentication not required)
  • If invited by a company in Korea:
    • Invitation Letter
    • Photocopy of Korean Company Business Permit (authentication not required)

For a complete list of requirements for all applicant types, see: Visa Requirements.

Crossroad Backpackers Seoul

Korean Visa Promo for BDO Cardholders

BDO cardholders who submit their credit card statements upon visa application are exempted from having to submit a bank certificate and Income Tax Return (ITR) and are eligible for a multiple-entry visa as follows:

  • BDO Gold Cardholders : multiple-entry visa to Korea valid for 3 years
    • Gold Visa Credit Card
    • Gold MasterCard Credit Card
    • Gold UnionPay Credit Card
    • Gold JCB Credit Card
  • BDO Elite Cardholders : multiple-entry visa to Korea valid for 3-5 years
    • Platinum Visa Credit Card
    • Titanium/Platinum and World Elite MasterCard Credit Card
    • Gold/Platinum/Cathay Pacific and American Express Charge Cards issued by BDO
    • Diamond UnionPay Credit Card
    • Diners Club Premiere

Source: Korean embassy website

SGMT Watermark Logo_Hibiscus_Colored_BlackSGMT

Korean Visa Promo for BPI Cardholders

The Korean embassy is giving multiple-entry visas — without the need to submit bank certificates or ITRs — to the following BPI cardholders who can submit their credit card or debit card statement of account upon visa application:

  • BPI Gold Master Card : multiple-entry visa to Korea valid for 3 years
  • BPI SkyMiles Platinum Master Card : multiple-entry visa to Korea valid for 3-5 years
  • BPI Amore Visa Platinum : multiple-entry visa to Korea valid for 3-5 years
  • Gold BPI Express Teller Debit Card : multiple-entry visa to Korea valid for 3-5 years

Source: Korean embassy website

SGMT Watermark Logo_Hibiscus_Colored_BlackSGMT

Aside from BPI and BDO cardholders, who else are exempted from submitting an ITR?

  • Those who have travelled as tourist to the OECD member countries within 5 years (Source)
  • All visa applicants who have travelled as tourist to Korea at least once within 5 years (Source)

SGMT Watermark Logo_Hibiscus_Colored_BlackSGMT

Important Reminders

Please note the following:

  • Print the application form on A4 size paper.
  • The Korean embassy specifically advises not to buy plane tickets before applying for a visa.
  • Validity of visa is only 3 months from the issue date. Do not apply more than 3 months prior to the date of travel.
  • Applications may be filed by a representative as long as the documents are complete.
  • Applications are accepted at the Consular Office from 8:30-11:00 AM only. Applicants should arrive before 10:30 AM to allow sufficient time for processing.
  • Releasing time is from 1:30-4:00 PM only.
  • Applicants, especially first time travellers, are advised to personally claim their visas. There may be an interview with the Consul before the result is given.

Processing time:

  • 3 working days for frequent travellers or those who have been to OECD member countries within the last 5 years as a tourist
  • 5 working days for first time travellers and those who have not been to OECD member countries within the last 5 years
  • Expedited processing is not available.

Visa fee:

  • 59 days (or less) stay in Korea: GRATIS
  • 60 to 90 days stay in Korea: PHP 1,800.00

Good luck! 🙂




68 thoughts on “Get A Multiple-Entry Visa to Korea Without Submitting Financial Documents”

  • Hi! As for the validity of visa (3months prior to travel date) What if I already got my korean visa with multiple entry for 3 years, last july 2016, but haven’t used it yet and will be using it on the last week of Feb.

    Is it still valid? Is the 3 months prior to travel date validity also applicable to the ones who got multiple entry visas?

    Looking forward to your response.
    Thank you

    • Hi MJ! The 3-month warning only applies to those who are still going to apply for a visa, but if yours is still valid, then that should be fine. You can check the “final entry date” in the visa to make sure it’s still valid. Good luck and enjoy your trip! 🙂

  • Hello! Can I submit my brother’s Business Registration from Sec and Business Permit? Coz I’m currently unemployed as of this moment, Tho I eligible to get a multiply-entry visa because I have a BDO Gold Credit.

    • Hi Lo. No, I don’t think your brother’s business papers will help you unless your brother is sponsoring your trip. Good luck.

      • Hello! But I have my own money to support my trip, my only problem is I don’t have many business papers to submit. What should I do?

      • I’m not sure because the Korean embassy website even lists requirements based on the applicant’s current occupation: employee, businessman, housewife, retired senior citizen, student, etc. Try to check this out and see which category you would most fit. If nothing else perhaps you can write a letter of explanation regarding what you’re currently doing — are you between jobs, taking a gap year, setting up your own business, etc.

    • Hi. I’m not actually familiar with supplementary cards… Is the billing statement under your name? If it is, then probably yes.

  • Hi! I already have a plane ticket and planning to go to Korea this coming October with my mom and my sister. My problems ARE, I don’t have an ITR and COE. I’m trying to resolve my ITR prob by applying for a BPI Gold credit card. However, I still have an issue with COE. My company does not give COEs to their freelancers. We have a Certificate of Earnings but the address, contact number and email address written there are for their office in California. And I doubt if the employees/employer there know us (freelancers) if soemeone from Korean embassy called the number written there. What should I do? I really want to go to Korea. 🙁

    • Hi Valerie. If I were in your shoes, I would just submit the Certificate of Earnings and then describe your work set-up in a letter of explanation to the Korean consul.

    • Hi would like to ask if how’s your application sa visa? We have the same situation kasi and we’re planning to apply na this month

    • Hi Valerie! I just wanna ask.. how was your visa application? Were you approved without submitting an ITR? I am also a freelancer, particularly, a Virtual Assistant and I don’t have an ITR. Please notify me if you got approved. Thanks.

  • Hello, just wanted to ask a follow up question to what you mentioned above:

    “No, I don’t think your brother’s business papers will help you unless your brother is sponsoring your trip. Good luck.”

    So let’s say my Aunt will be sponsoring my trip, do I have to make a letter saying that she will? And that would mean that I would be submitting her financial documents instead of mine, yes?

    • Hi Alix!

      I simply meant that if you’re the one traveling, it’s *your* income and financial status that will be relevant to your application, not your brother’s or anyone else’s. Another person’s financial documents would only be relevant if they are sponsoring your trip, because then they would have to prove that they have the financial capacity to sponsor you.

      So: yes, if your aunt is sponsoring your trip, she will have to declare that (usually through an affidavit of support) and submit her financial papers.

      That said, you can also still submit your own financial documents (in addition to hers) because it could help prove that you’re a responsible person and, if it shows a steady stream of income, that you have economic ties to the Philippines.

  • Hi, Do i still need to submit a certified thru copy for BDO Credit Card billing statement? Because in their website of the korea embassy, they required to certify the billing statement if you are receiving thru email. Thank you.

    • Hi Pet. I can’t seem to access the embassy website right now so I can’t verify, but if they say that, then you should take their word for it because they are the ones in charge of approving/denying visas after all. Good luck!

  • Hi! I have a BPI Gold Debit Card but I’m still a student. Do I still have to submit a bank cert of my parents? I’ll be travelling on my own this year. Thank you!

  • Hi my sister will sponsor my trip to korea , she has bdo gold cc. I am currently employed if my sis can provide the needed docs , for sponsorship am I exempted for submitting ITR and bank cert.?

    • Hi Anniebelle! I believe the card has to be under the name of the visa applicant for the exemption to be applicable.

  • Hi! I’m a BDO gold visa cc holder. Is there a credit limit on the credit card in order to be approved or as long as i’m a gold visa card holder i’m gonna be approved regardless of my credit limit.

    • Hi! You’re not guaranteed approval regardless of your credit limit. Having a gold BDO card just exempts you from having to submit a bank certificate and ITR.

  • Is it likely to get denied even if a bpi/bdo gold credit cardholder is unemployed? Bank Statement and COE still required? Under Employee Visa category. Are they contacting the employer if I just state the previous?

    • Hi Peachy. I don’t know if they will contact employers but generally speaking, if you’re unemployed, your documents should show that despite your unemployment, (1) you are still financially stable, (2) you ideally still have another source of regular income, and (3) you have other economic and/or social ties to the Philippines.

      • Hi Gaya,
        If you are a BPI Gold Credit card holder. Do we still need to submit Bank Statement? or the Statement of Account will suffice?

      • Hi Randz! Yes, you will still have to submit a bank statement (that is, the statement for your savings/current account) in addition to the Statement of Account for your credit card. Good luck!

  • Hi! I have a problem. My aunt will finance my whole trip to korea, I passed all her docs, I was asked to submit my father’s coe, he’s an ofw. It’s Ramadan in Kuwait. There are certain restrictions in observance of that. I wouldn’t make it to my scheduled flight if I’ll wait for his coe. I didn’t know kasi na kailangan pa ng coe niya since hindi naman siya magffinance ng trip ko. I have a copy of his contract though, it shows there the things needed to be seen in a coe (salary, position, date hired etc) What to do? I badly need help.

    • Hi Lyssx. It’s strange that they would ask for your father’s COE if he is not paying for your trip. If it is really impossible for him to get a COE on time, then wala ka nang magagawa doon. If I were in your place, I would probably just: (1) get your father to make a letter to the Korean consul stating why he cannot yet get a COE, and (2) submit other documents that would prove your father’s employment in Kuwait, such as, like you said, his contract, and maybe supplement that with his bank statement showing his salary being regularly credited to his account, a copy of his OEC from POEA, and a scan of his passport showing his working visa and latest entry stamp to Kuwait. Good luck!

  • Hi! I was given a multiple visa and used it once already last January. Do I need to present anything more during my next visit, or just the visa will do? And is there like a limit to how many entries we can do? Thank you so much.

    • Hi Kayla! I’m very sorry for the super-late reply. I was on a trip recently and then when I got back, I had to catch up on work, so I was super-busy and have just gotten around to replying to comments. The visa will do and I don’t think there are limits as to the number of entries, unless it’s specifically stated in the visa. Happy travels!

  • Do i need to bring my credit card to the embassy ? My friend will be the one to submit my application. Does the embassy will look for the physical credit card?

  • Hello,

    So I applied for a visa and got approved however i have to move my flight due to something came up.
    to cut the story short my visa will no longer be valid in my new flight so i would need to apply for another visa.
    can i apply for another visa if i have an unused visa less than 6 months ? or do i need to wait for another 6 months before i can apply again?

    also, will this affect my chances?

    • Hi Mik. I don’t see why you can’t apply for another visa. Perhaps you can include a letter in your application explaining that you had to move your flight and that’s why you weren’t able to use your previous visa. Good luck!

  • Hello, im a student applying for a visa. My father works in a country without income tax. What should I do? Should I submit a substitute for the ITR?

    • Hi EL. Yes, I think that would be a good idea, and you can write a letter to the consul explaining why your father cannot provide an ITR (for the reason you just mentioned). Good luck!

  • hello.. I’m just here to ask for some advise,, My flight with my wife and child schedule for korea will be on December. Although i have a complete set of requirements for visa application for single entry for korea I was thinking to apply for for a multi-entry visa so that anytime soon we want to go there we will not be husstle in getting again one but Im just worried because I will only apply for gold mastercard right now and Im planning to get my visa by October. Is it advisable considering that my gold mastercard was only 1 month old by that time? ,Is there a possibility that they will reject my multi entry visa application base on my newly apply gold master card. Im just afraid because I already bought our ticket last May. If our application will be rejected our plane tickets will be will have no value. I really need your advise now hoping for your response.thank you and God bless.

    • Hi Mau! I don’t know for sure if they will reject your application for a multiple entry visa just because your credit card is new, but I think it will be all right as long as your other documents are in order. In that light, I would suggest that you submit a copy of your bank statement and bank certificate, whether or not you have a gold credit card. Good luck!

  • Hi! What if I’m an ofw on a OEcd country, is it a valid visa(instead of tourist visa) so i could be exempted in itr?

  • Hi Gaya, Im rushing to get a BPI Gold Card to avail this promo. Would it be okay as long as I have gold card? Or do I still need to have purchases and movement in my card? Also would supplementary be eligible for this promo? Hoping for your response.

    • Hi Neil. I don’t know if the Korean embassy would require movement in your card, but if I remember correctly, BPI does not give me a Statement of Account for my card if I haven’t made any purchases within the billing period. And you would need to submit a Statement of Account as part of your visa requirements. So I would think you’d need at least one purchase. I’m not sure if supplementary cards are eligible. Good luck!

  • Hi,
    “Validity of visa is only 3 months from the issue date. Do not apply more than 3 months prior to the date of travel.” is this applicable for single entry or multiple entry or both?

    • Hi Ruffeecola! The 3-month validity would presumably apply only to the single entry visa, but if you’re applying for a multiple entry visa, you’d have to apply within 3 months of the date of your first entry. Good luck!

  • We applied for korean visa early this sept, but we wrote Dec 27-Jan 1 as our travel date. Good visa was granted but wil expire before the travel date. Is there a chance for reconsideration since the travel dates were there. I dont if the consul office saw our intended date tnx

    • Hi Carolina! I’m afraid I don’t know if they will reconsider. They did make it clear that the visa will only be good for 3 months from the date of issue, but you never know…best to ask the consulate directly. Good luck!

  • Hi. i have a bpi gold mastercard. i know i dont need to submit my itr and bank cert anymore but do i need to still submit the bank statement w 3mos history?

    also, i will be flying with my brother who is working for less than a year pa lang so his money is not that substantial yet. if i would sponsor him na lang does he still need to submit bank cert and bank statement? thanks!

    • Hi fate! Sorry for the late reply. Yes, you still need to submit your bank statement. And you brother would still have to submit his financial documents in addition to documentation that you’re sponsoring him. Good luck!

  • Hi! I’m recently employed under probation and I was not deducted TAX, yet, so I do not have an ITR for my recent company. Although I have an ITR from my previous company last 2016. Can you help me with this? I’m worrying if I should declare to the embassy that I do not have an ITR for my current company yet or just submit my 2016 one?

    • Hi Christine! If I were in your place, I would just submit the 2016 one and then attach a note explaining why you don’t have a new one yet. Good luck!

  • Hi. I have a bdo credit card just recently. But i learned that they dont give paper statements anymore. All crecit card statements are delivered through mail. Whay can i do?

  • Hi i have a visa classic and master card gold. But yung visa classic lang po kc mdlas ko gngmit pwedw po ba un

    • Hi Klariss! I think what’s important is that you have the card and you’re in good standing; you don’t need to have used it very often.

  • Hello!
    What if the housewife won’t be able to show ITR, Certificate of Employment since she’s already a widow? What can be used in place of those documents? But ahe’s a BDO Gold credit card holder?

    Thank you! Hoping for your response 🙂

    • Hi Mutya. I don’t think — for the purpose of getting a visa — that a person would still be considered a housewife if she’s already a widow. The point is really the source of income; if a female does not have her own source of income and relies purely on the income of her husband, that’s when she’s considered a housewife. The new classification will depend on where the female (who was previously a housewife) now gets her income.

  • hi. I plan to apply for a visa. I have a Diner’s card. I want to treat my parents to Korea. Will my own financial docs be accepted? My parents are both unemployed as they are over 50 yrs of age. Could you advise me on what information I need to provide? Also, in case, I’ll be granted multiple pass, do you think my parents will get the same too? TIA!

  • Hi i want to ask if still i can go back in korea…cause i merried a korean before but we get divorced…and im a bpi EPS card holder and i have business here in Philippines…can i come back in korea or not?il i appreciated your reply thanks

  • Hello! I’m a student and kakaopen ko lang ng Bpi Gold Express Debit Card. Planning to travel in Korea sa Jan 2018. Is it okay even though wala pa ako masyado purchases sa card ko?

  • Hello! I hope you can give me an advise regarding my concern. I am currently working on our family business, is it ok if I just make my own certificate of employment? Because the proprietors are my parents. Do i need to submit their business permits? I have a BDO gold so i will not be worrying about getting an ITR. Thank you so much.

  • Hi! I read from your post that the validity of the visa is 3 months upon issuance. That also applies if I’m granted multiple entry? Thank you so much

    • Hi Gail! I think it will be longer for multiple entry but I’m not really sure (and the Korean embassy doesn’t make any guarantees about that). Good luck!

  • Hi! Im a widowed wife and no work. My US citizen aunt is sponsoring me to travel with her to Korea.How can i get a Korean Visa? Please help thank you.

Share your thoughts!