- Do you ever feel the need to cut down on traveling?
- Have people annoyed you by criticizing the amount of traveling you’re doing?
- Have you ever felt guilty about traveling (or thinking about traveling) so much?
- Have you ever woken up and needed to think/plan/dream about traveling just to get through the day (an eye-opener, so to speak)?
If you answered yes to any 2 of the 4 questions above: yep, you’ve got it bad.
If your results from the CAGE Questionnaire for Travel Addiction are equivocal, you will need further workup. Try the Promo Fare Response criteria. If you see a seat sale, do you:
- Break into a cold sweat?
- Experience palpitations?
- Go: “Okay, okay, okay, wait, wait, wait, where should I go, where should I go, where should I go, let me see, let me see, let me see…”?
- Stop everything you’re doing so you can start exploring travel destinations / travel dates?
- Defer sleep to patiently wait for the traffic-overburdened airline website to process your request?
- Scream “Nooooooooo” when the website says someone beat you to the punch on that “1 seat left” flight?
- Book a flight without knowing whether you can afford another vacation?
At least 3 out of 7? Yeah, it’s confirmed: you’ve got it bad.
And in other news:
Look, I got Cebu-Tokyo-Cebu tickets for PHP 1,212.92 (USD 28)!! Yay!!!
(Oh, I am so in trouble.)