Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel
Visitors to the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel exit by descending a beautiful spiral staircase.
Monday to Saturday
9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Closed on: January 1, 6; February 11; March 19; April 20, 21, 27; May 1; June 29 (St. Peter and Paul); August 14, 15; November 1; December 8, 25, 26
- € 16 – Full rate
- € 8 – Reduced rate for children, students, priests, etc.
- Free – Last Sunday of each month; for children under 6, disabled visitors, etc.
More info here.
Book tickets online to avoid the long entry queues! Buy here: BIGLIETTERIA
Things to Remember
- Visitors must be dressed appropriately — no sleeveless blouses, miniskirts, shorts, or hats.
- Photography and filming are prohibited inside the Sistine Chapel.
- More info
Address: Viale Vaticano, 00165 Rome
- Metro (from Termini Station)
- Metro Line A, Direction Battistini, Stations: Ottaviano-S. Pietro-Musei Vaticani; Cipro (from both stations 10 minutes walk)
- 49, stop in front of the Museums Entrance
- 32, 81, 982, Piazza del Risorgimento, end of the line (5 minutes walk)
- 492, 990, Via Leone IV / Via degli Scipioni (5 minutes walk)
- 19, Piazza del Risorgimento (5 minutes walk)